Wednesday, June 30, 2010

June 30th Letter

Buenos Dias Familia y Amigos,


It is so good to write all of you!!! I love you all very much and appreciate the prayers that are said on my and my brother's behalf. I am so grateful for those prayers. First, Grandma sent me some pictures of your trip to the Manti Pageant. I really really really didn't like the pictures of my one and only sister bleeding from the mouth being placed in an ambulance. Dear Baby Sister, Take it easy!!!!! Drink lots of water!!!! You have to let your body have sometime to heal before you can do all the things you are use to doing. You are worrying me. I know you are independent. I know you can do everything by yourself, but you have to stay down for this one. Love, The Big Sister. For those of you who don't know my little sister had her tonsils taken out June 8th.

So as for me I am doing much better. I am all better from my lovely Pink Eye. And no one has come down with it either. So it was worth all the handwashing. I washed my hands so much that the were cracking and bleeding. This week the new mission presidents were here at the MTC getting trained. This meant that the 1M building which is the main building was closed for us except for laundry and the cafeteria. We had a special fireside on Friday night where Elder Oaks spoke to us. Elder Christofferson, Elder Bednar, Elder Cook, Elder Scott, Elder Holland, and Elder Nelson also were there at the fireside. It was so neat to see all the apostles. Elder Oaks spoke about the importance of having a firm testimony of the Savior Jesus Christ. How the world is beginning to question his divine mission and life, but we know who he is and should not hesitate to testify of it. The first presidency was here but we didn't see them. They blocked off half of the cafeteria. Those of you who have been to the MTC know how crowded the cafeteria is. Imagine the same amount of people squished into half the space. It was very crowded.

Life here at the MTC moves on. We continue to practice teaching and learn the language. This week we are starting to teach the lessons completely in Espanol. I am surprised that I can kind of teach. But I still need a lot of work. I just keep working hard and have faith that God called me to this mission and he will help me accomplish what I need to accomplish. I would just like to thank everyone for the love and support you all have given to me. I appreciate those of you who have written.

Love, Hermana Mills

No comments:

Post a Comment