Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Monday, January 10th, 2011 Letter

Dear Family and Friends,


Hello!! Well this has been a pretty average week overall. One thing I will say about Hispanics is they really love their vacation time. A lot of our appointments this week were rescheduled because many people still had family over finishing up their holidays. But our next week here in the Woodlands is already packed with appointments. We have an investigator here who is close to getting baptized, but refuses to set a date. He says he is waiting on God to give him the date. Some people don't like to make any decisions on their own. This investigator also says he won't get baptized unless I am there at the baptism. This brings me to the big news.

I got transferred!!! I am going to a new area with a new companion. My new companions name is Hermana Rodriguez. She is from Guatemala. So yeah my Spanish is going to soar!! Whohoa!! This will be nice, because with this last companion, I felt like I knew more Spanish than she did. She is going home in three transfers. She goes home in May. But it is all good. We all have our own struggles on the mission. Well I don't have the address yet for my new apartment, so just send any letters to the mission office address for now. Here in the Woodlands, we are surrounded by English speaking Elders. We are the only Spanish speakers. In my new area, we are in a district with all Spanish speakers. This means we will get to have Spanish study together. Also, my old MTC companions are in my district. Weirdly enough my two MTC companions are now companions again in a trio with another more experienced Hermana, Hermana Maylett. Hermana Maylett goes home in two transfers. It will be so cool to see my old MTC companions more. And there will be other missionaries covering the ward I am in. Yeah, I am no longer in charge of a whole Ward in regards to missionary work. So needless to say, I am excited. I will give you more details next week.

Stay safe everyone. I love and miss all of you!!

Love,

Hermana Alaina Mills

No comments:

Post a Comment